At Foothills we believe that all believers have a responsibility to practice generosity by financially supporting the local church they attend. When someone gives to their local church, God wants us to view this as an act of worship and obedience to Him. Our giving should be done with joy, faith and in expectation of God’s provision for our needs. Our giving provides resources for the vision God has entrusted to us as a body of believers.
Foothills Vision and Purpose
To reach the thousands of unchurched people in our geographic area with the love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ and to equip them to experience His presence and to demonstrate His power.
Our giving also provides an opportunity to experience God in the area of finances. Giving affords us the privilege of experiencing just how much God loves us by watching Him work in this specific area of our lives.
Our giving makes a difference in the lives of people. As a church, Foothills is growing numerically, but the most exciting results are the lives God is transforming. We see people giving their lives to Christ. Our Love and Respect class is positively impacting marriages and hundreds of families are helped by our Resource Center. The Pre-school reaches even more unchurched families. Your giving makes a difference in the lives of people.
At Foothills, all the money received goes into one of two categories:
- General Fund Giving (We call this “The Ministry Storehouse”)
- Designated Fund Giving (for example, our KAC – Kingdom Advancement Campaign)
General Fund giving covers monthly operating expenses. This money is used to pay for ministry expenses, leases on the buildings, utilities, salaries, supplies, copying costs, insurance, etc.
Ways to give
There are a variety of ways to give at Foothills.
- At Sunday services – giving boxes are available at the back of the auditorium. You can use one of the envelopes included in your bulletin or find an envelope by the offering boxes.
- Send a check by mail*.
- Drop off your gift at the main office (215 E. Main Street, Molalla) during normal business hours (M-Th 9am-4pm)
- Using on-line bill pay through your bank*.
- Online Giving by e-check or debit card.
*Note: If mailing or using on-line bill pay, send to PO Box 797, Molalla, OR 97038.
May we all believe in what God has called us to as His church, taking an active part in supporting the work He is doing.